276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Denali SoundBomb™ Mini Electromagnetic Low Tone Horn 113dB Motorcycle Horn

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Twisted Throttle also sells a wiring harness for it and various length/configuration coated steel attachment parts. I acquired all the kit I needed from TT, and the install went smoothly. UPDATE (August 2015): We initially mounted the horn shown in the photo at the beginning of this review and with the aluminum bar oriented as shown in the photos above. Producing amassive 113 decibels of sound, the SoundBomb is over twice as loud as your standard motorcycle horn! There’s nothing like going through all the trouble of mounting a big Nautilus — no easy task — and having it fail before you get the bike out of the garage. Oh well… Twisted Throttle said the horn was designed to be more reliable than the Stebel version, while still providing a loud air horn sound.

As you can see from the photos below, the new mounting position puts the horn in the correct orientation and actually works better than the original mounting, because the wires can be semi-hidden behind the horn body.] In fact, we wouldn’t be surprised to learn that the Soundbomb is made by Stebel or by ex-Stebel designers. However, Twisted Throttle (the Soundbomb distributor/retailer) sells accessory mounting kits for some motorcycles. Although the Soundbomb looks very similar to the Nautilus, the construction appears to have more plastic than the Nautilus. But, so far it has proven to be much more reliable than the Nautilus in our experience. In other words, it works.From “E.Z.” (August 2015): “I have a working Stebel Nautilus Compact on my NT700VA. It sounds exactly like the Denali on your .mp3 file! Fitment Note: Add our BMW wiring adapter DNL.WHS.10100 below for a plug & play installation to BMW motorcycles.

But, we had to come up with our own custom mount for a BMW F 800 S, just to show it can be done with some ingenuity. Sometimes, though, there’s no enough room under the hood for a one-piece horn, and that’s where the DENALI SoundBomb Split comes into its own. It’s the same basic horn as the SoundBomb Compact only with the 12-volt air compressor and the horn itself separated by a supplied durable hose. This feature allows installers to locate each component where they make the most sense, without compromising performance. Like the SoundBomb one-piece, the SoundBomb Split is available with a plug-and-play wiring harness that includes a water-resistance relay and high-quality wiring with pre-installed connectors. But a webBikeWorld visitor who read the instructions more carefully than us (!) wrote to let us know we made a mistake. Original equipment motorcycle horns are notoriously awful, with a wimpy “meeep-meeep” type being way too common. The Soundbomb horn used in this review is the single unit version. There’s also a version with a separate compressor canister that can be remotely mounted.Securely attach the SoundBomb Mini to the chosen location on your motorcycle. Ensure that it is positioned in a way that maximizes sound projection while avoiding any interference with other components and potential direct spray from road spray. That resemblance also means that this is a very large horn. It can be very difficult to fit on some/many motorcycles.

The instructions note that “the horn should be mounted so that the cylinder is vertical with the horn facing down. There should be no more than a 25 degree variance from the vertical position.” We wanted to locate the horn far enough away from the exhaust but as close as possible to the engine. This wouldn’t work on the right side of the F 800 S, due to the exhaust location. Some motorcycle owners have opted for the huge Stebel Nautilus Max (review) or more likely, the Stebel Nautilus Compact (review) as their replacement horn choice. The first replacement part on any bike I own is the horn. And I always install an air horn. I have owned this Denali horn, installed on an Aprilia 850 V-twin, for about a year now. So we cut a longer (18 cm) length of aluminum, drilled the two holes as noted below and re-installed the horn, this time in the correct orientation.

The SoundBomb Original is Loud

The mounting problem is even more complicated because there’s just a single bolt location on the horn body that can be used for mounting. This is a cast metal cutout that fits the 8 mm hex head bolt that comes with the kit. Lexus GX470 featuring DENALI D7 LED Driving Lights, SoundBomb horn, and DialDim Universal Controller The horn won’t fit behind the exhaust and you don’t want to get these plastic horns near the exhaust anyway (as we learned to our chagrin).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment