276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Catch: The utterly gripping thriller - now a major NETFLIX drama

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Strong writing. Mx Fairbrother writes with depth and style. I personally would have liked a little more dialogue, less descriptions/internal writing is that makes sense, but that's me. The writing is strong and the narrative comes together as Ellie resolves her journey to understand her father's decisions and to learn more about her adult self. I love the setting of this series. Seattle is a beautiful area and there is so much to do. It is a great spot for those that love the outdoors as we can see in a few scenes as they tromp through various wooded areas, trails, and parks.

The closer the wedding date, the harder it was to put this one down! Ed (the ultimate helicopter dad) was such an endearing character. His dark humor had me laughing out loud at his obsessive behavior (it is his daughter so it is understandable, he thinks the guy is evil). I listened to this via audio book, having recently read The holiday which I loved. The book was read by Philip Stevens who was a really good narrator. If you’re eager to dive into The Catch whether you’ve read T.M. Logan's 2020 book or not then the place to head is Channel 5. The drama is split into 4 episodes, each an hour long, and airs every Wednesday at 9pm on Channel 5 starting from January 25, with episodes made available to stream afterwards on My5. BFCG may (Read the review to see) recommend this book by this author. It does not mean I recommend all the books by this author.THE CATCH, about a father convinced his daughter is about to marry a man with terrible secrets, has also been made into a TV drama for Channel 5 starring Jason Watkins, Poppy Gilbert, Aneurin Barnard and Cathy Belton (screened Jan-Feb 2023, available on My5). Tim’s thrillers have sold more than two million copies in the UK and are published in translation in 22 other countries including Italy, Spain, Sweden, Portugal, France, Germany, Poland, Hungary, Serbia, Greece, South Korea, Romania and the Netherlands. Not only did he not pay the private investigator; he also forwarded the report exposing him as a liar and criminal to his and Abbie's house. He had no financial issues. He could've settled the bill or bought a P.O. box. I love messing with an audience’s perception of what they think they know and there’s a lot of discovering to do, good and bad. It’ll be interesting to see which route you take as a viewer, and who you trust and when. I see Ed as a man who’s in the grip of mental health turmoil. This has a ripple effect on everyone around him and the reactions are fascinating." Madison and Jonas are forced into a race to find the woman and the child before the men who want her dead discover her location. And in a final showdown that could cost her everything, Madison will come face-to-face with the person who murdered her husband.”

Lisa Harris is one of the top names in Christian romantic suspense for a pretty good reason. The Catch is a prime example of why that is. The third US Marshals novel featured all of the chilling danger, intriguing mystery, romantic sparks, and emotional angst that you could hope for in a good romantic suspense novel. I was fully invested in this book from the very beginning. I loved being along for the ride, wanting to know what would happen next. The pacing was spot on! As Ed searches for the truth, the tension and suspense grew. I could feel Ed's need for answers coupled with his frustrations. Note: Mentions of car brands; A couple mentions of books & authors; A couple mentions of zombies; A mention of Etsy.Lisa Harris does a great job of tying up loose ends at the end but not without some misdirection and wrong paths. In the end, Madison has closure, as do other characters, with the chance of a new beginning in the romance department. There is danger, action, surprises, and faith in this story that will appeal to those who enjoy suspense and mystery. Ellie will go to the ends of the earth to seek answers as to why she was not left the baseball, and to also try to understand the meaning of what she did receive. By so doing, Ellie's journey raises more questions than answers. In fact, she wonders if she even knew her father.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment